Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo, Sausage and Parmesan

I *think* some of the calories in this dish are offset by the sauce - it only has three ingredients: pumpkin, Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges, and chicken broth. That's not too bad right?


Anyway, I just made this recipe up, and I probably couldn't replicate it if I tried. But here's what I did.

Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce

Some canned pumpkin - 1/4 cup?
2 Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges
About 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth, maybe a little less

Heat pumpkin and cream cheese over medium-low heat. Add chicken broth and whisk, whisk, whisk until smooth. Add more broth to desired consistency and season with salt, pepper and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Toss with pasta, sausage, sage, walnuts and parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment