Thursday, March 21, 2013

Polenta Pizza


I'm documenting this because I think it does work - it just didn't for me. The recipe is just what it says, a pizza crust made of polenta. And for me it inspires more classy toppings like tapenade, goat cheese, red peppers and olive oil and balsamic glaze. There's mushrooms involved in there too. This is not a three-meat pan pizza special with a side of chicken wingz and chocolate dipperz.

The crust is delicate though. It is not a pizza you can eat with your hands, it is definitely a 'fork' pizza. And at the end of the day, I kind of thought it wasn't really necessary to make the polenta into a crust - it could just be a bowl of polenta (or slices) with all of the toppings piled on. The crust gets a little crispy the the oven, but not much.


Or maybe I'm lazy, or maybe I'm weary of 830802485034875209 days of winter.
But, I'm glad I tried it and while it's not very pretty, it was delicious. And it's gluten-free and stuff. The recipe is here, from Macheesmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment