Saturday, March 12, 2016

Homemade Pasta

I'll probably never buy pasta again.


Making homemade pasta took less than half an hour. It was a little stressful - I've never made it before. Trial and error though, cause I did learn a few things. 

                     Shiny new pasta maker from mom and dad. 

                     Flour, egg, and salt. Some water to bring it together.

Getting the dough to come together was super stressful. Dough hates me which is why I never make yeast breads or crust. But in the end it turned out. Then it rested for 15 minutes. 


You run it through starting with thickness level "7". Then decrease it to 6, 5, so on and so forth. I think I tried to go down in thickness too fast or ran too thick of a piece through cause sometimes it did this:


But if I increased the thickness and just folded it once it was fine again. 

                          The other side is for fettuccine and spaghetti.

I made fettuccine. 
             I really need one of those wooden thingamabobbers to dry it on. 

Cooked it for 4 minutes and it was perfect. I used enough salt, it was al dente, and covered in my favorite sauce: DelGrosso Sunday Marinara.

                                           Literally my favorite. 

I basically plan to make pasta forever always the rest of my life. 
Except macaroni cause who the hell knows how you make that.

No comments:

Post a Comment