Sunday, April 10, 2016

Homemade Pizza

All of my previous attempts to make dough have failed. Cinnamon rolls, bread. Pizza. Everything. 


But I was inspired by a simple thin crust recipe over at http://www.howsweeteats.com/ and figured I had to try one more time or face a life of convenient Pizza Hut delivery or frozen microwave pizza. Nashville abounds with delicious pizza (favorite: DeSano's, then Five Points, then House of Pizza) but it's not necessarily on the way home. And while Chef Boyardee will always remind me of childhood & home, it's not everyone's favorite. 


Just mix up lukewarm water, honey, and yeast, and let it sit (bloom?) for 10 minutes. The add flour and salt and mix until it comes together then knead a couple times then let it sit (proof?) for 5 minutes. So easy it was unreal. 


I made sauce with drained crushed tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning. It was perfect. 


This is barbecue chicken, jalapeno, and pineapple pizza. It cooked for 15 minutes at 500 degrees and it couldn't have turned out better. I'm so glad I have a go-to pizza recipe. Maybe now I can try my hand at bread & be a little more confident using active yeast. But science has never been my strong suit!!







No comments:

Post a Comment